Monday, July 27, 2015

Wedding Round 2

Running errands for the wedding
Hi everyone!!

So I think instead of calling me Syster Mod, you guys can all just start calling me Wedding Planner 2.0...hahah. Beckstrom and I had another crazy week. The zone leaders called us Friday night and asked if we had an extra CTR ring lying around...and then proceeded to tell us that they were dying and needed help planning a wedding for 2 of their investigators who are getting baptized next week! Their names are Brandon and Stina and they are the CUTEST. We pulled their whole wedding together--bought the cake, flowers, decorated, made the program, did Stina's hair and makeup, pretty much the works.....and we pulled it off! Haha it was so small and simple and perfect. Everything turned out really nice, and they were really happy. We get to go to their baptism this week too, so we are really happy about that :) And for future reference, if anyone needs a wedding planner in a week or less, I'm your girl. Haha!


Äldste Downing, Äldste Beck, Syster Mod & Syster Beckstrom: Wedding Planners

With Syster Jacobs in Malmö.
I was able to go on splits with Syster Stoughton this week in Kristianstad too! Beckstrom and I are now done with splits for the transfer and it feels gooooooodd. Haha. But I learned so much from Syster Stoughton! We did service for a member and helped out in her garden, and both the member and Syster Stoughton were just the happiest people, willing to work all day to get the job done. I love being with people like that :)

On Wednesday, the ward had a talent show type of thing called Arena. The Lund ward is so incredibly musically talented! Our investigator, Matilda, sang with Isabelle and Rosalie, members in the ward, and it was PERFECT. Beckstrom and I took a video and we have relistened to the song they sang maybe 20 times over. Haha!

Thursday was probably the best day of my mission. We did some service, and then Elder Held and his family came to visit us in the morning!! I served with him in Uppsala, and he just finished his mission. He is from Denmark, so he was just driving home with his family (haha so weird) and they passed through Lund so he came to say hi!! I LOVE my mission friends. I honestly feel like I have family here and it is so fun. They are such a blessing!
Then we had the coolest lesson with Matilda and one of the members, Malena! We talked about baptism and how we feel like the time is right, and Matilda agreed. She is talking to her family about when they can come right now, and we are going to be having her baptism in the middle of August! Oh we were so happy!! It was probably the most powerful lesson I have ever been on. The Spirit was so strong and after the closing prayer we all just sat there for 20ish minutes and didn't say anything and cried together. Haha I don't know if elders do that, but sisters do.... :) It was just amazing. It's one of those feelings that you get and you never want it to leave. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. I love being here. I love finding my purpose in an area, and I think Beckstrom and I are here because Matilda needs us right now. No one else could do it. It just has to be us. I love the Spirit and I just love my life right now. I don't know if I will ever come home....haha!

But yeah. We just had a really amazing, miracle-filled week. I just wish everyone could feel the happiness we feel as missionaries. That one lesson was worth every single tear, every hard moment, everything I have gone through on my mission. I don't care if I was called on a mission only to be there for that moment. It was worth leaving my family, it was worth melting my brain learning a new language, it was worth frustrations and anxiety and heartbreak that I've felt....I wish I could explain myself better. I just know that the happiest I have ever been has been on my mission. I needed this more than I even knew. So thank you all for supporting me and helping me along the way :) I love you all so much!!

Have a good week!!! Do missionary work! Invite the missionaries over for dinner! Make 'em feel loved ;)

xoxoxo Erin

Wearing their 24th of July attire. Can you tell they're from Utah? ;)
Missionary selfies!

No comments:

Post a Comment