Monday, March 9, 2015

Atheists, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, Repeat

Haaaaaallå :)

This week was super good!! We were out of the area a lot again, which was fun and hard at the same time. If you leave your area for 24 hours, all the sudden all you have to do is find investigators. Not that fun! Haha :) But worth it for all the mission stuff we have!

The northern half of the Sweden Stockholm mission at mission tour. Erin is in the royal blue jacket. Photo cred: Sweden Stockholm mission blog.
On Tuesday, we had mission tour! The entire northern half of the mission came to Stockholm for a conference with Elder Donaldson, a Seventy. My last mission tour was in July or August when I was a greenie, so I felt old at this one! It was a lot of fun to see friends I haven't seen in a while :) We had President and Syster Beckstrand and the Donaldsons speak to us, and it was really good! We learned about how to help investigators recognize the Spirit, and I thought it was super helpful. And they gave us good lunch. There really wasn't a downside to the day. Haha! ;)

Erin on splits with cute Syster Hong
After mission tour, I took Syster Hong back to Uppsala with me on splits! She is the CUTEST. Gosh. Syster Hong is a convert from Arkansas. She has been a member for about 3 years, and her testimony is awesome, and she is adorable, and she does hair, and I just want to be her! She has been in Sweden for about 3 weeks, but her Swedish is awesome and I learned a lot from her. We had a lot of fun on splits. I showed her the American store, and she about died. :)

On Thursday, we had some awesome lessons. We have a new convert here named Gabriella, who I just love. She is in her 20s and is engaged to a member. She started out Atheist, but was converted last October! We took her on a lesson with us with a girl who is in a very similar situation, Maia--she is dating a member (he lives in Utah lol), but she is super skeptical on everything religious. Maia asked Gabriella a ton of questions and the Spirit was super strong! I had fun on that lesson, especially because I didn't have to talk that much ;)

We have the nicest investigator named Sireh, who's from Gambia. She's come to church the past 2 Sundays, so the ward knows her as well as they know me. Embarrassing. Haha but she's awesome!! She is Muslim, but not so set on it. Every time we visit, she talks about how good she feels and how we are her spiritual guides and stuff. I just want to tell you all that I'M SOMEONE'S SPIRITUAL GUIDE WOOOO but really being a missionary is really fun. I just love Sireh!

Fun factos:
-I get all sassy when people confuse us with Jehovah's Witnesses. We definitely choose to come on missions, we don't have to. grrr
-I am like BFFs with the owner of the American store. He is from New York and every time we come in he's like "hey sisters!!" haha embarrassing but I love it. he gave us a discount on frosting so score

I just love you all dearly!! Have a great week!! :)
xoxox Syster Erin Modersitzki
 
Beautiful Uppsala
Syster Mod, Äldste Pearson & Äldste Sweat. Their MTC group reunited again. :)
 
They made American cake.....this must be what the frosting was for.
 
Mmmmmm good!
 
 
The STLs at the STL gas station. Hahaha!
More pics of Uppsala
 
 
The missionaries with the ward council.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment