Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Merry Christmas from Sweden!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! This is for reals now. I get to talk to my family on Thursday!!!! I don't think I have ever been more excited for something in my entire life...honestly. I love those people. But yay!!!

This week has been insanity. Way good insanity, but insanity nonetheless. We started by flying to Stockholm on Tuesday for zone conference. I LOVED it. It was so Christmas-y and fun. All the districts even performed Christmas themed skits! It was super fun to see everyone and to be around people who truly understand what Christmas is all about. Most people here in Sweden think it just means stress...haha. But I loved that!

The Norrland Zone

The STLs came home with us from the conference and stayed for 2 nights to do workovers! Workovers are where an STL comes and works with you for the day, but both pairs of missionaries stay in the area. It is super fun because you get to have a sleepover, but super stress for the missionaries who have to plan 2 days into one. When we finally got to Luleå as I was major stressing out about the next day, we found out I lost the car keys on the airplane home, and we left our bus passes in Stockholm. WHAT. I am pretty sure I am sporting some new zits from that minute of my life. Haha! We found the keys and got new bus passes, so all was well, but I learned my lesson. Laughing is way more fun than stressing because things always work out in the end. And I had a really fun day with Syster Bass!

We had a great day on Saturday, and at the end of the night we got a call from a guy in the branch presidency. He was told that we were going to sing in the Christmas program the next day, but we both had no idea about that...We ended up throwing something together really fast with the elders that night, but Syster Stetler woke up sick the next morning with a sore throat. I ended up singing a solo in church with not even 24 hours notice. Haha it was better than giving a talk, that's for sure, but I didn't realize when I went on a mission that was something that would happen. Besides that craziness, the Christmas program was super good and just got me more pumped. I have read the Christmas story like 10 times already this month, but I am rereading it again this week. It is the best!

I hope you all have the BEST Christmas! I know I am going to! :) Thank you for all the packages and letters and love. They mean so much, especially when I am so far from home! It doesn't feel like it one bit because everyone just sends me a little kärlek :) I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

xoxoxo Syster Erin Modersitzki

Everyone knows the Sweden Stockholm sister missionaries by their backpacks

Cute Christmas gift from President & Sister Beckstrand

No comments:

Post a Comment