Monday, September 14, 2015

A Six Week Surprise

Hiiii everyone!!

So I think this week was one of the more surprising weeks of my mission.....We got transfer calls, and I am leaving for my last transfer to Hägersten, an area in Stockholm! My thoughts are kind of like:

1. AHH MY LAST TRANSFER. I can't deal with this!!
2. I CAN'T LEAVE BECKSTROM
3. I CAN'T LEAVE LUND
4. Oooooh Stockholm!

Hahahah. So yeah. We are confused why I am leaving, and honestly I am devastated to leave Lund, but I am 100% sure that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and this last transfer will be one of the best ones yet. My new companion will be Syster Mecham, and we went to the same high school (even though I didn't meet her until the mission...haha small world!), so that will be fun! I know it will be good. It will just be hard to leave this place and the people that I love :( 12 weeks was not long enough for Lund! But here we go to Hägersten!!!! :)

I guess I can describe my last week in Lund now...hahah sorry for the sad beginning. But. We had so much fun! We did splits in Malmö, and I went with Syster Barrett, who is so hilarious. I love her! We bonded and got a baptismal date for one of their investigators and it was a great day :)

Syster Beckstrom, Syster Mod & Syster Niebuhr
Last pday, we went to Ales Stenar! I seriously think I found the most beautiful place in Sweden. The ocean goes on for miles and it was perfect weather, so we just sat on a cliff in our sweaters and looked out over the water :) I LOVE THIS COUNTRY. The elders made a game where they threw rocks in the water for like 2 hours....missionaries. The entertainment level drops the second you go to the MTC. Hahah. But it was the most wonderful pday I have had in a long, long time! It was nice to just relax and not stress about a single thing :)
Ummm...they are wearing sweaters and coats on September 4th. Oh my.


The big hill. What are these two going to do when they get back to Utah?
Throwing rocks in the water. :)
I think yesterday was one of my favorite Sundays I have ever had too. So strange, but so good...haha. We have a girl in the ward named Miriam Ahlström who is headed on her mission to Australia in t-minus 8 days. Her farewell was this past Sunday, and it was SO cool. They had the entire sacrament meeting themed on missionary work. A member gave her testimony about her mission 31 years ago, then a member who returned 6-ish years ago from her mission, and then I bore my testimony about my time as a missionary. I was so touched as the other two sisters shared how much they loved their missions, and I was so happy to get up and share the exact same message. I feel like my farewell was yesterday, and I knew exactly how Miriam was feeling when she got up to talk about how excited she was to go. I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK. I love being here. I love serving my Heavenly Father. It was just so good to get a confirmation that I am where I am supposed to be, doing what I am supposed to do!

Dinner at the Rönndahls.
We walked to the train station after church, and found a poor little lost boy who was maybe 1 or 2 years old. It was so scary!! But we got him reunited with his mom after a little bit, and then we went to one of my favorite families, the Rönndahls! They have a daughter that served with my cousin, McCall, in France, so it just feels like I have a little connection to home whenever I go there :) We ate and quoted Napoleon Dynamite and shared our testimonies and I just loved it. There are the most amazing people in this ward!

Life is just way good and happy. I am excited to see what this next transfer brings. Hooray for Gamla Stan and pretty pictures and exciting new things!!

Love you all! :)
xoxoxo Syster Mod


Sweden Scenery Pics:







Service with a smile. :)
These are the backpacks to have. B's, Mod's & Matilda's.

No comments:

Post a Comment