Monday, August 25, 2014

Sister Hill's Birthday Week :)

Firstly--SHOUT OUT TO THE BEST MOM IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!! Happy Birthday tomorrow:) Everyone, if you don't know my mom, you are missing out. She is the BOMB!! And 29 looks so good on her, don't you think?:)
This week was SO much fun. I have not one clue how I got so lucky to come to Gävle. I love it here!
It has been really rainy and gloomy here lately, and Tuesday was by far the wettest day I have seen in Sweden. I am not so sure that I am really dry yet. Haha! We got blåsted (cancelled on--in Swedish it sounds cooler) quite a few times that day, so we decided to trek through the rain and do swing bys. We knocked on an old investigator's door, and he let us right in. It was really cool! We talked with him and his wife, they gave us cookies, he sat out on the balcony and smoked a joint...Hahah. I thought it was cool though that they immediately trusted us as soon as they saw our name tags. They had never even met us and they gave us cookies and talked about God! Perks of being a missionary for sure :)
We dropped one of our once-promising investigators this week named Daniel. He is such a kind guy, but the last two lessons have been him telling us all about how Christ is actually a conspiracy and that he is not really sure why he is meeting with us. We finally had the do or die lesson (basically get baptized or we can't meet with you anymore) this week, and we all agreed it was best to go our separate ways. It kind of felt like my first break up. Haha! The saddest part was when we were telling him that we are glad he has found something that makes him happy. He just said, "No, this doesn't make me happy. This doesn't make me happy at all. This makes me really sad. I don't think I will ever find the peace you guys have in your lives." If that doesn't make you want to sob, you are just not even human. The gospel is so great! It is the happiest thing I know!
Erin & Äldste Caleb Featherstone--one of her cousin Claire's good friends
On Wednesday, we got to go to Stockholm again for a Mission Tour! We found out that we will get iPads this year, so that is exciting:) It is always so fun to go and see all the other missionaries. And I got to meet the new greenies!! I am not the baby of the mission anymore! Yay! But I am the youngest girl in the entire mission. Fun facts!:)
Sister Hill's birthday is on Thursday, and the ward has really been taking care of her already. It kind of feels like a birthday week! And I just get to tag along and eat cake:) What could be better than that!? Annelill threw Sister Hill a surprise party on Thursday with princesstårta (yummiest cake ever with marzipan frosting) and chocolate cake and cake rolls and oh my goodness. It was amazing. The only problem was that she told us it would be dinner to cover up the party. So we may have come super hungry to find only cake. Annelill really knows a way to a girl's heart;)

On Saturday, she and her husband also took us to this really fun restaurant. It was a saloon theme and had American decor EVERYWHERE. All of you know how much I love America. I almost got a little teary. Haha! It was a little piece of home and I loved it :)



Wow this email is long...haha sorry! I hope you all have the most wonderful week! Say happy birthday to my mom for me please:) Love you all!!

Syster Mod



How many differences can you find in these pictures? Haha! 
Don't forget the delicious French hot dogs too. :)


Doing family history for the WIN!


Syster Jane Taylor (one of Erin's Aunt Jody's good friends) & Erin at the mission tour in Stockholm

Is this snow? Nope. Just hail. In August. No big deal.



No comments:

Post a Comment